Sunday, April 05, 2009

Why I Am Not Ready for IE8?

Microsoft’s free web browser Internet Explorer 8 is out for public use and it started appearing on windows update programs list as well. This time IE8 is offering a tight competition to its rivalry browsers by putting up noticeable features like accelerators, web slices, common color tab groups, security filters and better performance in comparison with its previous flavors.

It was impressive in the beginning when I started using IE8 with all its new features; on my aggressive usage below points came to notice.
  • Still few web sites are breaking
  • Tabs are not responsive if one of the tabs is struggling
  • Page rendering sometimes takes more processing time and
  • Browser speed is not always faster
Let me admit, I got addicted to Firefox though it’s a memory hogging browser. But it just doesn’t toddle when I am doing too many things on it. IE8 is an obtrusive update for IE7/IE6 users. Users like me have slim to none chances to migrate to IE8 yet.

No comments: