Friday, August 29, 2008

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 and A Thought

After 2 years, Microsoft's great effort of making Internext Explorer better than ever is resulted in second installment of IE8.0 Beta relese. Beta 2 IE8 looks promising with speed, security and usability. You can check IE8 top features here.
After instaling IE8 on my laptop, very soon I noticed it breaking on Microsoft web sites!

Windows Update


Hotmail Linked Accounts drop down on mouse hover
Let me stop hoping on other sites like blogger.com posts editor.All these may be absolutely okay because IE8 is in 'Beta', what's wondering me was these can be very easily caught during unit testing.

In general, what I do not like about browsers (IE, FF, Opera, Safari....etc) is all are having differently acting HTML render engine.

I certainly do not enjoy writing code to check the browser type and take relevant actions. I sometimes expect browser makers to give a thought on streamlining these differences and reduce web developer's pain. New version of their browser should be a boon instead breaking current code.

No comments: