Sunday, March 15, 2009

One Evening Rain

I was too far from my home by the time I realize that its gonna rain nicely now. Its 7 eve and it’s my routine walk time. Weather turned darker. When I turn around, I saw slight panic in people’s eyes. It started raining. Those who were walking started running, two wheelers stopped near shops or big trees for shelter. People in car were closing windows. Many were kind of worried about getting drenched.

It's getting everything wet including me. I am standing looking up at the sky. The rain drops are falling on my face and I shut my eyes. I am feeling cold. My heart is more lively and warm. I am flying free. Thunder and lightning didn’t change what I'm feeling. I kept my walk as usual and as simple as it can. Many were looking at me strangely, some with a question mark on their face and few with confusion. They all had one common question-“Are you mad? It’s raining!!”
I just laughed at it! I couldn’t stop walking in the rain and so my thinking. We became so much ‘civilized’ that we now worry so much to enjoy natural happenings. We are worried more about what others think. Our etiquettes are not comfy with natural events. We fell sick when weather changes slightly. Our health is more delicate. We became complicated. Our day to day 'modern busy life' is making us to ignore the fact that ‘we are part of nature’.

1 comment:

Bommannan.R said...

Hey Pavan,
It was amazing. Infact i too have a same thought and used to drench like you. The rain water gives required energy to our body which was scientifically proved.
- Boms